Specs weren’t transferring properly from WoWDB, since corrected!
First I’ll just say that this is based entirely on Heroic and my opinion on what Demo spec to play and why for each fight;
P1: Consistent cleave on major targets, minor burst damage on minor targets, light/medium movement depending on what mechanics you get targeted with
P2: Consistent single target on major target (Odyn), periodic target swap to priority add, light movement
P3: Full single target with heavy movement, heavy movement
- Fight has a good range of movement from light to heavy, not the best for Demo but not the worst. Periods of time where you can do a lot of damage.
- Basically useless on P1 minor targets but can provide a heavy source of single target damage and minor cleave
- Heavily useful throughout the remainder of the fight
T15 is players choice
- Having gateway down during P3 will be vital for movement as will having Demonic Circle in a central location for best usage. Burning Rush will help supplement any additional movement.
- You’re in the raid to do single target damage to any priority target that aren’t the minor adds in P1
P1: Single target burn, light movement to soak breath
P2: Quick movement around the arena during the charge
- Fight is basically catered to Demo’s toolkit with full single target damage
- Light movement
T15 and T75 is players choice
- Fight is a single target burn with very light movement it plays to Demo’s strengths
- Being efficient with your movement is crucial and being in range of Guarm during the charge phase will be where you min/max the most
P1: Single target burn, light to medium movement
P2: Priority damage on major adds (Mariner/Grimelord), lots of minor adds that don’t matter for Demo, spread AoE with Tentacles, heavy movement
P3: Pure single target with add priority periodically (Mariner), light to medium movement
- Fight has varied movement throughout the course of the encounter, slightly unfavourable for Demo
- Lots of priority adds/mobs to focus
- A large number of minor adds that look enticing to AoE but don’t play to the strengths of Demo
T15, T30 and T75 is players choice
- Spec can be catered to some spread AoE with Impending Doom or more single target focused depending on what talent you go with depending on what your raid needs.
- Focusing priority targets in all phases will be where Demo shines
- After Mariner dies in P2, apply Doom to as many Tentacles as possible, focus high health tentacles, ignore minor adds
- Having smart placement of Circle and Gateway will be pivotal to limiting your movement if targeted by the Orb
- If you Doom the blobs in P1 fast enough you can get 1 tick of Doom off of them to spawn an Imp which attacks Helya after the blob disappears